Most application today are built in public clouds. If they are not, they usually take advantage of application platforms that give you some of the public cloud benefits on-premises. When you build application on such platforms, you need to take a cloud-native approach to benefit from the potential advantages offered by these platforms.
But what is cloud-native application development and why does it matter? For Exsertus, it determines how we create and deliver applications in dynamic cloud environments, whether in the public Azure cloud or on-premises. Cloud-native is based on five architectural principles and two cultural principles that we believe are crucial to deliver applications that deliver ongoing value for your customers:
- Dynamic management: application environments are provisioned on demand to give developers the resources they need to deliver value quickly.
- Automated and declarative: the days of creating scripts to create infrastructure and deploy applications are over. Modern infrastructure and application delivery is data-driven and fully declarative.
- Orchestrated: we take advantage of the orchestration capabilities of public clouds and/or Kubernetes to provide high availability, disaster recovery and automatic scaling
- Immutable: we do not change or patch your systems continuously. Making a change leads to a new deployment with security fixes and applications changes.
- Microservices: cloud-native application development combines the services that provides the most value into one application. Whether these services are containers running on a container orchestrator or services offered by a cloud-provider does not matter. What matters is the end result for your customers!
Our teams of cloud-native architects, cloud-native developers and DevOps engineers guide you in this ever changing and dynamic world to make the correct long-term decisions. Our cloud-native framework is the guide along this journey.
With a series of workshops that you select and assemble based on your needs, we determine the ideal target platform based on our cloud-native principles, and provide an end-to-end approach to deliver your application(s):
- Optimal solution architecture (Azure PaaS, Serverless or Kubernetes)
- Optimal application architecture (modular monolith or microservices)
- Optimal secure software delivery supply chain
- Optimal monitoring and observability approach to determine the health of your application
In addition, we bring your own teams up-to-speed with Azure, Kubernetes, and cloud-native concepts so that you remain in control.